Quote of the week: “There is no Islam without unity, no unity without leadership, and no leadership without obedience.” Umar ibn al-Khattab (rta)

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Invocations for staying steadfast on the truth in times of distress

In times when confusion and misguidance is rife. When we can't tell our foes from friends. When people whether believers or disbelievers are made to believe lies and led to hopelessness, we need to seek refuge in Allah (swt) instantly.

Our Creator has not just created us and left us to our own devices to wander around in this world blindly. There is clear guidance for all situations for those who believe.

The following invocations from the Quran and Ahadeeth will help us stay steadfast on the truth and secure peace around us, Insha'Allah. Please recite with an intention to obey Allah (swt). Also share with all. Support the truth by actions and condemn injustices whether in your house, workplace, schools, road, market place, etc.May Allah (swt) always be our only Guide and provide us refuge from Satan's schemes. Ameen.

1. I seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Shaytaan.

2. My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the incitements of the devils, And I seek refuge in You my Lord, lest they be present with me. (Al Muminun 23:97-98)

3. I seek refuge in Allah from being among the ignorant. (Al-Baqarah 2:67)

4. O Allah! I became obedient for You and believed in You, reposed faith in You, turned to You and fought by You. I seek refuge with Your honour, lest You might not lead me. There is no true God other than You. You are Ever-Alive. You never die, while the Jinn and the human beings die. (Muslim 2717)

5. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the evil of destiny and from falling into the hand of calamity and from the mockery of (tuimphant) enemies and from the harship of misery. (Muslim 2707)

6. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from poverty, i seek refuge with You from want and humiliation, and i seek refuge with You from wrongdoing others or being wronged. (An Nasaai 5460)

7. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from being overwhelmed with debt, from being overpowerd by the enemy and from the enemy rejoicing over my misfortunes. (An Nasaai 5475)

8. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the bad day; from the bad night; from the bad hour; from the bad companion; and from the bad neighbour of the house of abode. (At Tabrani 810)

9.O Allah, I seek refuge with You from worry and grief, from being heavily in debt and from being overpowered by (other) men. (Abu Dawud)

10. I seek refuge with Allah from turmoil and its visible and invisible aspects and i seek refuge with Allah from the afflictions of the one-eyed liar. (Ibn Hibban 1000)

No comments:

Post a Comment